Sunday, October 23, 2011

My awkward moment was ...

23rd October 2011 was the day my dear friend of mine(Lets call her A) decided to take a spin on her brother's Myvi after passing her driving test."No" was what I should have said but instead, I too got excited for her so much so that I decided to be her side kick and passenger in the front seat. I should have known that there was going to trouble from the start when a mishap happened with the gears before we were even out of the gate.On the way,we felt like being stalked by another car behind us.As we drove out into the bustling road near a row of shops, the speed was supposedly too immense for her to handle. She had trouble with the clutch and the car stalled many times in the middle of the road. Even a 90 degree turn was hard enough without the car stalling in the middle of the road all the time. I knew that we weren't going really fast because when I saw the speedometer, it was 20km/hr at tops. I could literally see people walking faster than us while staring at me as if I was the one responsible for driving the car.Even driver's that pass by the car looked at me and although they didn't show it, I knew that they were about to burst rolling on the floor,laughing. Somehow, I knew that I was probably going to be one of their topics of the day to laugh at.

We went to Save Mart and bought some grocery to stock up into A's refrigerator and while she was oblivious to the stare's of people, I just felt a shot of decrease in my already depraved self-esteem. The journey back to A's place wasn't as bad as the first time she drove out. Then again, the car began to vibrate all of a sudden and we had to make a pull over in front of OUR SCHOOL. Luckily it was on a weekdays and school was out.Even so, we still could see driver's looking at us with our P license sign at the back of the car during the stall.We managed to restart the car and drove ever so carefully and slowly back to the house.Then, it was all over again at 7.30 when the time came for us to head out to our other friend's party.We had to pick up another friend(Now let's call her K) as well before heading out to that party.I thought to myself, great another victim to succumb to my best friend's bad driving skills.Going to a friend's house meant that we had to pass by a security guard house. Seeing 3 crazy ladies laughing in the car while driving ruthlessly, I guess that he thought he could give it a try to flirt with us. Fortunately, A drove ahead managing to cut off with him. Ironically, because our friend's house is straight ahead, our friends could see how the car was zigzagging IN A STRAIGHT road .Nevertheless, we made it out of that death contraption. By 10 when we had to leave, we buckled up and drove back home but with more confident by now.Although, in the middle of it, we realized why the road was pitch black.The car light wasn't switched on. All in all, A's driving wasn't so bad as long as we get out of the car in one piece. I was lucky just to escape with a bruise in my confidence in driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment