Sunday, December 16, 2012

First dream

lately I have been dreaming of death. There was two versions of this kind of dream that I had. This was the first :
     I was with my friend (Secondary school friend of whom I shall not reveal) in Africa doing humanitarian work. My secondary school friend had shaved his hair and was now sporting a new look. He was bald with stubbing all over where his hair used to be. We were helping starved African children and feeding them a soup of some kind. They were envisioned as these malnourished children until the ribcage could be seen kind of malnourishment. One of them had a leg missing because of war. He took the bowl from me and smiled the most kindest smile ever. Women and children alike were taking the food together.

     Suddenly dark clouds loomed over and a bunch of men with weapons opened fire in the plain fields that we were in.We ran and the kid with the one leg was lagging behind. I rushed over to pick him up and then pushed him to run faster. I fell down and lay there while the rain beat on. The cloud was blocking so much of the sun ray that only lightning flashes provided visible light. I lay there with mud all over my face to see my friend ran on. He ran and then a man shot him from the back. I screamed and tears streamed down my eyes. My vision was blurry and I woke up. I don't know whether if it was the heart pumping or the fact that I realised that the event was just a dream. I'm just glad that the dream is over or so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment